As of May 4th, elective surgery will resume for the state of Nebraska. New precautions are being set in place to ensure surgery can occur in a safe and prudent manner. The podiatric surgeons at the Foot and Ankle Center of Nebraska and Iowa will be rescheduling surgical intervention. If you are interested in scheduling, please call 402.391.7575.
With one-on-one therapy, most patients can be seen for regular physical therapy by the team at FAST Physical Therapy. But if you are unable to travel due to the quarantine, work or kids at home, the team at FAST Physical Therapy as developed effective physical therapy programs that can be done via remote office visits for many musculoskeletal problems. These services are 100% covered (no out of pocket expense) by most insurances and due to the COVID-19 outbreak, since these telehealth visits are preferred to help us flatten the curve on the COVID outbreak.
For more details call 402-391-7575 or watch the FAST PT team discuss this topic on their YouTube vlog by clicking here.
We are so excited to announce the most comprehensive podiatric remote medicine program in our region. Our new telemedicine program connects our physicians to you in the safety and comfort of your home. Using videoconferencing technology, our providers can assess and initiate treatment of many foot and ankle conditions. We can also offer expert opinions of patients that may be outside of our region in areas such as advanced reconstruction, amputation prevention/limb salvage, wound care, 3-D bunion correction, forefoot reconstruction, ankle instability, or lower extremity trauma.
Now, not everything can be treated this way but it is a simple and safe way to start treatment especially with the current risk of COVID-19. Your treatment plan may include a prescription, dispensing medical devices or even establishing remote physical therapy with our partners at FAST physical therapy. Call today or contact our scheduling team through our webpage.
To watch our vlog post on this topic click here.
The safety of our patients and staff members is the highest priority to the physicians of the Foot and Ankle Center of Nebraska and Iowa. Because of this, we have developed a comprehensive prevention plan.
- Continue standard contact precautions such as gloves, sterile instruments, and cleaning hands after each patient
- Continue standard cleaning of the exam room after each patient. Expand cleaning within the exam room to include wiping down all surfaces such as light switches, door handles and floor after each patient. Expand cleaning of public spaces including the waiting room and restrooms.
- Screen patient for possible COVID-19 exposure or infection and postpone care if possible. If the patient is high risk or infected and must be seen due to a serious medical condition such as a diabetic foot ulcer, ensure the patient is triaged as the only patient. Block 1 hour to ensure adequate time to care for the patient, clean and prevent another patient from exposure. The patient should also wear a mask, gloves and clean his or her hands immediately upon entering and leaving the office.
- Establish a remote medical program to continue offering high-quality care with the lowest risk of exposure
- Limit patient comingling. Have patients immediately roomed or wait in his/her car to prevent waiting in the waiting room.
You can also view our vlog post on this topic by clicking here.
Dr. Nelson and Dr. Greenhagen are two of the featured preceptors in Des Moines University's magazine article "Precepting is my Superpower." Drs. Nelson and Greenhagen have been childhood friends turned co-business owners of Foot and Ankle Center of Nebraska and Iowa. Both doctors graduated from Des Moines University and are now preceptors to those studying podiatry through the university. They view it as a way to give back to the university that helped educate them. It is a partnership Foot and Ankle Center of Nebraska and Iowa, the students, and DMU benefit from.
A copy of this article can be found by following this link: Precepting is My Superpower
If you are interested in making an appointment to see our team at Foot and Ankle Center of Nebraska and Iowa please call 402-391-7575.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.